Built in 1900 after three years of labour, this church has the distinction of being the oldest original church in Lamont county.
Later, the land the church and cemetery were built on was purchased from the CPR over a six year period from 1903 to 1909.
In 1922 the nearby bell tower was built and a bell, made from Lake Superior copper, was purchased for $422.
Over the years the church has undergone numerous renovations including the addition of a concrete foundation and an excavation for a basement. Among other renovations, electricity was added in 1967.
In June of 2000, the parish celebrated its 100th anniversary.
- “Lamont County’s Self-Guided Church Tours” booklet. Available online at: http://www.bruderheim.ca/media/33888/churchtourbooklet.05.pdf
- Wostok-Bukovina AB Saint Nicholas Russo Orthodox Church and Cemetery 1900