Holy Trinity Orthodox Church (Sunland)
The original settlers in the area around this church were Romanian Bucovinian (https://www.britannica.com/place/Bukovina ). Early services were held in homes. Although the cemetery was in use beginning 1907, land for the church was purchased in 1910 and the church built over 3 years, completed in 1913.
The nearby “bell-house” was built in following years at a cost of $350, the bells donated by parishioners. In 1962 the bell house was rebuilt and a parish hall was built nearby.
- “Lamont County’s Self-Guided Church Tours” booklet. Available online at: http://www.bruderheim.ca/media/33888/churchtourbooklet.05.pdf
- Sunland AB Holy Trinity Russo Orthodox Church and Cemetery 1905