After a small chapel was built on this land in 1914, work on the present church began in 1918 and was completed eight years later in 1926.
The full name of the church when it was incorporated was “Ruthenian Greek Catholic Parish of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary at Leeshore”.
The church bell was donated in 1930 and the bell tower built in 1938.
Source: “Lamont County’s Self-Guided Church Tours” booklet. Available online at: http://www.bruderheim.ca/media/33888/churchtourbooklet.05.pdf