Work started on this church in the Peno district in 1909. Local logs were cut and hauled to the site and the church built with volunteer labour.
The interior was painted in 1918 by Peter Lipinski, from Edmonton, who worked adorned the interiors of many of the churches in Lamont county.
The “Lamont County’s Self-Guided Church Tours” booklet notes that this church is one of the earlier examples of an “open-dome” cruciform church: a large, single central dome is built on an octagonal base.
Source: “Lamont County’s Self-Guided Church Tours” booklet. Available online at: http://www.bruderheim.ca/media/33888/churchtourbooklet.05.pdf