Canada’s Historic Places website points out that, like many of the churches in Lamont County, the building is significant because of the “the transference of religious traditions in the building of churches and devotional expression of immigrants from eastern Galicia and northern Bukovyna, provinces in the Austro-Hungarian Empire, that are today located in Ukraine.”
In 1925, Peter Lapinski painted the interior. Images of the beautiful interior can be found here.
“Lamont County’s Self-Guided Church Tours” booklet. Available online at: http://www.bruderheim.ca/media/33888/churchtourbooklet.05.pdf
Canada’s Historic Places: http://www.historicplaces.ca/en/rep-reg/place-lieu.aspx?id=7921